Wednesday, May 18, 2011

T Minus 11 Days (Until I'm Done with Michigan Apparel)

I feel like shit.  I'm coughing.  My throat hurts.  I am having to blow my nose every few minutes.  I'm staying as hydrated as I possibly can.  I'm trying not to talk and stress my throat/voice --- but that isn't very easy during a trial.  I haven't slept more than 2 hours a night in the last few days.  It isn't because I'm not prepared or I've waited until the last minute --- this is just how trial is, things happen.  It is really hard to find time to get a work out in --- especially in light of the fact that I haven't really slept in a few days --- with everything else. 

The last few days have worn on me, though.  Tonight I knew that if I didn't do something tonight, my mood wasn't going to be good tomorrow.  I want to try to avoid being in a bad mood and snapping at those around me.  Who ever would have thought that I would make it a point to get a workout in under circumstances like this?  I can tell you that I didn't.

Months ago Liberdy told me that if I was rushed for time, the best thing that I could do was 20 minutes of intervals --- whether it be on a treadmill or elliptical.  In light of the achilles tear (and the half marathon in about 10 days), I opted for intervals on the elliptical (i.e. Cybex).  When I first started working with Liberdy she would challenge me with intervals on the Cybex with different elevations and resistance.  I forgot how challenging it could be in addition to what an amazing workout it could be.  Sure, hacking in the process didn't feel great and burned my lungs at times.  That aside, it felt good to sweat.  It felt good to exercise.  It felt good to get some of the stress out of my system.

Not the most intense workout, admittedly.  But all in all, feel so much better as a result.  Let's hope I can make it through the next few days of trial, get healthy, and then finish the half marathon.  I'm going to force myself to, though, because I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel --- in terms of this ridiculous Michigan apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment