Monday, May 2, 2011

Not Repeating Last Week's Mistake.

So last week the plan was that the day after the 9 mile run (i.e. Wednesday) I was to go to the gym to do the elliptical (i.e. Cybex) for 30 minutes or so to work out the lactic acid, followed by weights.  Wednesday night I was feeling decently but just didn't have the energy to go to the gym --- so I didn't.  BIG MISTAKE.  Come late Wednesday night and Thursday morning, I was definitely feeling the 9 mile run.

I have to admit, I felt pretty good today.  I was even chatting via email with my friend Evan who completed an 11 mile training run yesterday for a half marathon that he is running in 2 weeks; we both said that we actually felt decently today.  My only muscles that felt a little tight were my hip flexors.  I am swamped work wise, but made myself go to the gym.  I feel great now --- sometimes the hardest thing to do is just get to the gym.  But I digress.....

30 minutes on the elliptical (i.e. Cybex) --- the intensity level stayed the same but I took the elevation up every 10 minutes.  I stretched really well, and then followed that with something that I truly haven't done in a while.  I dedicated 60 minutes to weights and core without cardio.  I really feel energized now (which is a good thing as it is going to be a really long night work wise).  Tomorrow I am taking the day off and will get into the gym on Wednesday before my trip to Milwaukee this weekend.

I'm going to Milwaukee for my little sister's (as opposed to my younger sister, who is 2 years younger) bat-mitzvah.  I am a little worried about the trip on several fronts.  First, I have so much to do with this upcoming trial that being away from the office right now is not ideal.  Second, I have to get an 11 mile training run in sometime over the weekend --- and my time is pretty much accounted for with family related activities.  Third, my younger sister, brother-in-law, and niece (the most important person) are going to be there from the other LA (i.e. Los Angeles) and I am obviously going to want to spend some quality time with them (in addition to my younger brother and his fiance, parents, etc.).  Somehow I am going to have to find a way to fit it all in --- which as we all know by this point is not my biggest strength.  I'll do my best to figure it all out.

More information will be coming out shortly about the non-profit that I am raising money for through my participation in the Chicago Marathon ---- Atticus Circle (http://www.atticuscircle.org/).  Please stay tuned for that and please think about making a donation to this amazing organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment