Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Seriously?

If today was any indication, 13.1 --- much less 26.2 --- miles is going to be very difficult.  Don't get me wrong.  At no time did I think that it was going to be easy.  After all, it's not as if I am starting from the place of a well tuned athlete.  Even now (a year into this and several wardrobes later) I have a ways to go.  I keep trying to make myself feel better by saying it isn't as if a lot of people do this on a daily basis.  Truly, I don't know too many people who can go out and run 8 miles on cue.  Even so, though, I don't feel very happy right now.

8 miles was really tough.  I got 8.35 miles in tonight, but not all of it was running.  My achilles is aching.  I am a sweaty mess.  I have to get in an ice bath before spending a few hours prepping for a trial deposition for tomorrow and various other things related to the first anniversary of the BP Oil Spill.  I'm exhausted.  I'm trying to drink my protein shake right now and I'm just not feeling it.  I feel guilty for leaving the second Seder early --- to run no less.  When is this going to get easier?  Are the half and full marathons, respectively, going to be this miserable?  What in the hell am I thinking?

Yeah, I know.  In a few hours this will pass.  Chances are that once I actually finish both races the adrenaline will be coursing through my veins and I won't feel the pain (please God, let that be the case).  I'll think about the money that I am raising for an amazing organization ---- more on that later when I have more time for an in depth post.  Until that happens, though, I am going to just have to put on a happy face and get through this.  I don't even want to think of how much pain I am going to be in tomorrow...... And these stupid Michigan t-shirts just make everything worse.

Does anyone out there in blog land have any suggestions?  I could really use the advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment