Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank God I Start PT Tomorrow.

I'm envious of those people who can run right now.  I was in Kansas City for work and my colleague walked through the lobby after a run and I was honestly jealous; I kept telling him so all day.  PT starts tomorrow and I'm hoping for good news.  I feel good, truly.  Don't get me wrong because I am certainly sore.  But even with being sore I still feel so much better than I did before the surgery.

Traveling was certainly difficult.  Try navigating through airports, airplanes, etc, with a boot on.  Security was a pleasure (not) with the boot.  Let's just say the "pat down" at Kansas City International Airport was offensive.  Now I understand what people have been complaining about the last few months.

Even though my foot/ankle is keeping me from cardio, there is no reason I can't work on my arms and core.  I have been doing what I can.  I'm most excited that in the coming days my sessions with Liberdy will start again.  I don't know that I have ever been so excited for someone to beat the crap out of me.  Most important, though, I am looking forward to getting back into a routine.

In KC I went to dinner at Julian.  I was really looking forward to dinner there after hearing such great things about the chef.  Being a chef isn't an easy job; knowing that I try not to rag on chefs.  I have to say, though, this dinner just didn't impress me.  Maybe Chef Celina Tio had an off night?  The soup was good and it was creative, but everything else was simply adequate.  The potatoes that came with my scallops were so salty they were hardly edible.  My colleagues said the dessert was good but nothing fantastic.  I will say, though, the service was great.  In light of last night, I am really looking forward to dinner next week at The Girl and The Goal in Chicago.  Chef Stephanie Izard always impresses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment