Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday To My Sister Alana

For her birthday I told her that I finally understood that I have to listen to my body and can't push myself to the point of injury.  I think that she was pleased with her "gift".  Unfortunately, it took a surgery to make me learn the listen.

Surgery is complete.  Now the hard work begins.  I'm hopeful, though, that through PT and building up my leg (and more specifically calf muscles) that I will return a stronger and more centered person.

Pain is starting to really set in, but I don't want to take the narcotic pain killers.  But, we will see how the night goes.  Foot is up, I'm resting, and I'm moving a little bit from time to time to prevent clots.


Pre surgery manicure yesterday.


Post surgery.  Home.  Foot elevated.  Bonus is that "St. Elmo's Fire" was on TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment