Monday, May 23, 2011

Addendum.

The doctor at the hospital pissed me off yesterday.  When grilling me how it was that I was so knowledgeable about my hydration levels, I told her it was because I was a runner.  She looked at me, paused, and said, "you don't look like a runner."  If I hadn't been so exhausted and if I hadn't felt like shit, I likely would have thought of a quick and biting comeback.  But, alas, I said, "well, I've lost XX amount of pounds in the list year."

I saw my personal doctor today and relayed the story to him.  He was disgusted and embarrassed; he didn't personally know the doctor but apologized for her.  My doctor is committed to going above and beyond this week to make sure that I am sufficiently hydrated and as ready as I can be for the race on Sunday.  Pretty amazing.  He said if, for some reason, he doesn't personally see me again this week that he wants me to call him as soon as I cross the finish line to let him know that I did it. 

What I realized more than anything today was how incredibly supportive those around me have been.  They are helping me this week to make sure that I am ready.  I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment