Monday, April 4, 2011

The Registration Materials Came and I Have a "Race Day" T-Shirt.

It arrived via email.  In order to get my bib number and race t-shirt I have to present the email at the expo.  Kind of crazy.  It's not like I hadn't paid for the entry fee, plane ticket, hotel, etc.  I knew it was coming up, but this made it so real.  Sunday is "race day".  It is only 5 miles, but it starts and ends exactly where the Chicago Marathon does.  Strange thing about it is that Sunday is exactly six months until the marathon.  Seriously?

I glanced at http://www.weather.com/ to determine what the weather would hold on race day.  Not looking so good, especially for this transplanted southerner going to run in the Midwest.  Rain showers and a high in the low 50s.  Oy vey!  What does one wear in that weather to run --- snow is one thing, but rain?  I am open to any recommendations.

I exchanged some emails with my Gen, (who graciously offered to pick up my bib and t-shirt, and for which I am quite grateful) who asked me what I was going to wear on Sunday to run.  I hadn't given much thought to it.  I told her that I presumed I would wear a Michigan hat, Michigan t-shirt, likely a long sleeve Under Armour shirt under the t-shirt, the calf compression sleeves, and I would figure out the rest.  After I wrote that, though, I got a little package.  I couldn't help but smile once I opened it.  I now know the exact Michigan t-shirt that I will be wearing on Sunday (in addition to the half marathon).  I took the liberty of taking photos of both the front and back of the t-shirt, respectively.
Front of t-shirt.

Back of t-shirt.

Just a few more days until I'm back in Chicago and running on the pavement.  I'm not a religious person, but I'm praying for no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment