Thursday, April 28, 2011

Finally --- One of Those Workouts Where I Feel Amazing Now!

Amazing workout tonight.  It's 10:55 p.m. and I have tons of energy.  (Energy is a great thing considering the amount of work I still have to do tonight.)  I've had to be creative in getting my mileage in.  At the same time, I have to continuously be mindful that unless I switch things up, that my body will get used to a routine and I won't continue losing weight.  Considering I am relatively close to where I want to be, I don't want that to happen.

I started with 4 miles on the elliptical.  I kept the incline the same throughout, but every 10 minutes I increased the resistance.  Then I moved onto the treadmill for 2.5 miles of intervals, with hills.  Quarter mile at 6.5, followed by a quarter mile at 3.5, followed by a quarter mile at 5.2 --- but at a 5 incline.  And it kept repeating.  I stretched, and then had enough energy where I moved on to core, arms, and back.  Now, I'm icing and drinking the protein drink.  Truly, I haven't felt this good in a while.  I don't want to jinx anything (but also don't want to hide it).  Who knows why, but I do.

Tomorrow I see the ortho.  And, the sports massage is scheduled for tomorrow as well.  Looking forward to that.

I've been thinking about pace a lot today.  I have freakishly short legs.  I am pretty short, but proportionately my legs are really short.  My inseam in 25 inches.  I even have to get petite pants shortened.  To add to the craziness, I have freakishly large feet (in comparison to my legs); I wear a size 10 and have narrow feet.  I can only run so fast given my freakishly short legs as my legs relate to my stride.  My freakishly large feet have little to do with it.  In light of all of this, I have to remember that I may never be a 9 minute mile runner (even at shorter distances).  That is going to have to be OK, because there is nothing that I can do to make my legs longer.

On other unrelated news --- two Badgers chosen in the first round of the NFL draft, which was amazing (even though I am still pissed at JJ Watt for not staying in school).  Saints traded and got Mark Ingram --- who is going to be an amazing addition to the team.  I loved watching him play for Alabama and think that he is a class act.  Now, let's hope there will actually be football this year (NFL football that is).

Wondering what the doctor is going to say tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment