Thursday, April 7, 2011

3 Hours of Sleep in the Last 80 Hours.

In the last 80 hours I have slept approximately 3 hours.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights were each all nighters.  I came home from the office around 6 p.m.; the goal was to hydrate, nap, and get in a 7 mile training run.  I needed to get it in today in light of the race on Sunday.  I couldn't sleep but rested; I was afraid that if I let myself sleep that it might be for days.  So, around 8 p.m. I got dressed and went to the gym.  I couldn't do more than 6.5 miles tonight, and I only ran 4.5 miles.  The only thing making me feel better is that for at least one of the miles that I walked it was on an incline.  I've taken ibuprofen, have my feet, achilles, and calves on ice. 

In preparation for the pavement, my doctor prescribed me another presdnisone course that I will start tomorrow.  That should sufficiently dull any pain that I may feel on Sunday.  It will make me puffy, but I've lost 3 pounds this week (not healthy, I concede that) in light of nonstop work, not having an appetite, and stress.  I guess it will all work out.

Weather reports for Sunday have the temperature fluctuating between 60-80 but with thunderstorms.  UGH!!!!!  Why rain?  It's not as if I don't get rain in the bayou.  Why do I have to get it in Chicago as well?  I expect cold in Chicago in April, I expect an overcast sky in Chicago in April, I even expect the Cubs to lose in Chicago in April --- but thunderstorms?  I don't know what to wear if it is raining.  I guess I will have to buy something in Chicago on Saturday.  Again, I welcome any suggestions as to appropriate rain gear.

My bed is calling my name.  I am so completely exhausted I may fall asleep without showering.  Gross, I know.  But the housekeeper is coming tomorrow to change the sheets.  Hoping and praying that I can rest, hydrate, and stretch enough in the next few days to have a decent race on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment