Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'm Walking (or Flying) to New Orleans

It's 6:15 a.m. and I have to be in the lobby in an hour to meet my colleagues and go to the airport.  Flying back to New Orleans --- back to the heat, humidity, and the office.  I'll be back in Chicago next Saturday for the Shamrock Shuffle, but a week in New Orleans will do me good.

I ran 6.5 miles yesterday.  It was raining and cold, so it was on a treadmill.  It was hard and my achilles started to "scream" around 5k -- but I walked for 2 minutes and then started again.  My goal was to run 7 miles, but it hurt and I bargained with myself as I was running.  I was exhausted afterwards.  I spent about 30 total minutes stretching and then iced.  I popped ibuprofen at dinner and again before bed.  I don't want to jinx myself but I actually feel fine today.  The true test will be tomorrow at the LSU Med School 5k in Audubon Park. 

I'm still VERY happy with the Adidas shoes.  I highly recommend them. 

All in all, great trip to Chicago.  Good work wise.  Ate at amazing restaurants (as an aside, go to The Girl and the Goat http://www.girlandthegoat.com/  if you are in Chicago).  Was able to run again.  Nervous about the Shamrock Shuffle next weekend in Chicago, but I will finish it even if it isn't pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment